It’s a special day for the Evince blog! Happy [sweetened green] tea drinking! I will surely be swigging a few cups.
Here’s 5 facts about Tea:
- Many say iced tea was ‘invented’ at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair where ice was added to hot tea to cool down the visitors.
- Thomas Sullivan ‘accidentally’ invented the teabag when he sent out tea samples in small silk pouches to customers in 1904. The pouches proved much less messy thatn raw tea leaves. The rest is history.
- Tea is believed to have arrived in Europe thanks to a Portuguese Jesuit priest named Jasper de Cruz after visiting China in 1590
- Drinking tea helps boost the immune system do to its natural antibacterial properties.
- Tea can also help regulate cholesterol.
Today’s Food History
- 1814 Benjamin Thompson, Count von Rumford died. American physician who invented the percolator, a pressure cooker and a kitchen stove. He is frequently credited with creating baked Alaska.
- 1988 Pubs are now allowed to stay open 12 hours each day (except…
View original post 34 more words